Thursday 6 February 2014

Keep Smiling!

http://www.theyallhateus.com/
Maybe it's the crazy apocalyptic weather, the looming deadlines (for me at least), or the prospect of another lonely Valentines day (personally I'm beyond caring, single Valentines is all I know!), but I've found myself slipping into a bit of a slump this week. And by the sounds of it, I'm not the only one! So I think it's time for a little pick-me-up.

It's easy to fall into that grumpy, moany mood, but what do you actually achieve from it? Nothing. So why allow yourself to think like that? If you're not happy about something, change it. If you can't change it, change your opinion about it. Happiness is an inside job, it's up to you to ignore your negative demons and focus on the positives around you instead.

Keep perspective. Things could be a lot worse, and when you concentrate on the negatives they will seem a lot worse. So stop, and take some time out to do the things that make you happy; it could be as simple as a warm cup of tea, to reading a good book, to taking a walk in a beautiful place. There are so many things to be happy about if you just let yourself recognise them.

Yes, it's cold and wet outside, but remember how all the best moments in films happen in the rain? Yes, deadlines suck, but think of the relief you'll feel after the work's been handed in (one I need to keep reminding myself of...). And so what if you don't get flowers and chocolates for Valentines day? Buy yourself some, you deserve it!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/435723332670133465/
 Keep smiling!

Love, Beth xxx

(Disclaimer: images taken from my Pinterest account, I claim no ownership)

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the liebster blog award!:*
    http://studded-rose.blogspot.co.uk/2014_02_01_archive.html
    x

    ReplyDelete