Wednesday 27 May 2015

Golden Syrup Flapjacks

Another golden syrup recipe for you all! I've been doing quite well with my food recently! And I have to say, the aromas filling my flat right now after just baking these flapjacks are to die for... buttery, caramelly, sugary goodness!

I've never baked flapjacks before but my mum used to make them all the time for my school cake sales, and I have to admit, like with most baked goods, homemade flapjacks taste so much better than shop-bought hands down. I found this recipe on BBC Good Food, which is always my go to recipe website - it's never disappointed!
Hmm, apparently bad quality close ups on flapjacks don't look too appetising... Anyway, as I don't have a food processor I did all the mixing by hand, melting the butter first to make it easier to mix in. I also used white granulated sugar instead of brown sugar as that's all I had in my cupboard. As I like my homemade flapjacks more on the crunchy than squishy side, I left them in the oven for a bit longer than 20 mins until they had browned around the edges. Next time I think I will double the batch as my baking tray was a bit too big for the amount of flapjack mix I had, meaning my flapjacks were more like chewy oat biscuits! Also, top tip: to make it easier to take the flapjacks out of the tray, cut them into sections as soon as they come out the oven, leave to cool, and out they'll pop!

Have you ever made flapjacks?

Love, Beth xxx

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy, i love flapjacks =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete