Monday 6 January 2014

Splashing the Cash

It’s that time of year again: SALES! Yay! I’m always looking for a bargain, and was able to get quite a haul this Christmas. 

Here’s a roundup of my buys:
New Look - £10.99 now £6.00 -

I saw these slippers last month in Falmouth and fell in love with them; they look exactly like a pair I used to own when I was a toddler. They were on my birthday / Christmas list, but unfortunately I didn't get given them as a present, so when I saw them in the sale I just had to have them! The faux fur material is so soft and fluffy, and not only do they make my feet super cosy, but they make them look adorable as well!

 
 - New Look - £12.99 now £6.50 -

I also saw this faux fur cossack in Falmouth a couple of months ago, but as I usually wear my hair in a bun, I was looking out for a fluffy headband instead. But when I saw only one left AND in the sale, I just had to have it. I love the different tones of the material, as well as the overall vintage style, and am looking forward to having a warm and cosy head for the rest of this winter!

- New Look - £17.99 now £5.00 -

I've been after a midi dress for a long time now, and while they aren't really in style at the moment, for £5 I just couldn't say no! I was such a fan of the Aztec print last Summer, and especially love this pattern; not only is it interesting and unique, but it is also very flattering, creating the illusion of a smaller waist. I am looking forward to wearing this out when the weather warms up a bit!

New Look - £14.99 now £6.00 -

I love the contrast between the materials of this top, and the intricate detailing on the mesh is so pretty and feminine. I've worn this out casually a couple of times already and received compliments which was lovely!

New Look - £19.99 was £8.00 - 

I was very unsure about buying this dress because it is a lot smarter and more 'grown up' than my usual style, but after being persuaded by my mum and sister I'm glad I bought it, and for £8 I'm not really losing out on much! The shape is very flattering, and it will be a handy garment to have for any potential office work or smart event. And the fact that it's a size 6 that I can actually wear comfortably is a HUGE plus for me! Ego boost yay!

New Look - £24.99 now £7.00 -

Christmas might be over but that didn’t stop me from buying another Christmas jumper! I love the adorable reindeer print, and the material is so soft and cosy. I will definitely continue to wear this as long as the weather’s still cold!
 
Accessorize - £8.00 now £4.00 - 

I have a tendency to lose my earrings, so decided to stock up on a load of studs, and 10 pairs for £4 is an absolute bargain! I love the different variety of colours available, and the size is small and subtle enough for everyday wear.  

Accessorize - £6.00 now £3.00 - 

I don’t really wear necklaces that often, but being a bit of a magpie, I was drawn to how sparkly this one is! I love its simplicity, not only making it wearable both during the day and in the evening, but also making it look a lot more expensive than it actually was.  
   
Accessorize - £12.00 now £6.00 -

After losing one of my favourite rings at a party at uni, I’ve been looking for a replacement one to wear. I’d seen this one while Christmas shopping, so when I saw it in the sale I had no second thoughts about buying it! It is very similar to the one I lost, both being sterling silver and having a round black gem, which is a bonus! I love delicate detailing of the flowers on the band, as well as the overall vintage style.
Phew! That’s everything! Now to try and resist the urge to spend my student loan on more clothes…

How did you find the sales? Bag any bargains?

Thanks for reading :)

Beth xxx 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth!!! I've put you up for the liebster award, which is an award for newbie bloggers (or with followers under 200)!! could give it a go if you fancied it? all the details are on my blog!

    sophierrobinson.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! Will definitely give it a go! :) xxx

      Delete