Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday Smiles #11 // Hello November

A "Sunday Smiles" post has been long overdue, and I have to admit I was considering stopping these posts altogether, not because I had nothing to smile about, but because I kept forgetting to take photos throughout the week. However, after reminding myself of why I started these posts in the first place, I feel it's important for me to keep them as they help me focus on finding joy in the small things in life. So as I've just finished a reading week at uni (the equivalent to a half term), what better time than to have a round up of everything that made me smile this week?

- Autumn walks -

The chill in the air, the crunchy leaves on the ground, the orange and reds of the trees. I just love walking around during Autumn.

- Sunday roast - 

This was actually from last Sunday but I just had to share it. Roasts are a rarity for me when I'm at uni apart from a Christmas roast, so this was a real treat! Delicious roast pork with all the trimmings and a massive mug of hot chocolate - perfect! And at only £8.95 at Cubanas in Falmouth it's a steal!

 - Fog - 
 It's been ridiculously foggy for the majority of this week but I love how mysterious it is, particularly combined with the low mumble of a fog horn in the distance at sea. The perfect atmosphere for Halloween!

 -  Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar -

My favourite tea room in Falmouth has to be Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar. I love everything about it: the vintage decor; the quirky mismatched plates and tea cups; the adorable Labrador Hebe; and of course the delicious food! I decided to try something a bit different and went for the pear and parsnip soup, washed down with berry iced tea - yummy!

 - Children's literature -

Reading Winnie the Pooh while sipping on hot chocolate, I am really enjoying my course!
- Kitten cuddles -
 How can stroking a napping kitten curled up in your lap not make you smile?

 - Halloween -
Pumpkin carvings, parties and even a haunted gingerbread house! I've loved getting into the Halloween spirit!

 - Spooky Spiced Smoothie -
Strawberry, mango, carrot, nutmeg and cinnamon, specially made for Halloween at Elixir in Falmouth. Scarily good! 

- Air Wick Spiced Apple and Snowy Mountains Candle - 
I think I have a slight obsession with the warm and comforting smell of Autumn and Christmas candles.

- November swim - 
Celebrating the beginning of November (and curing a Halloween hangover) with a refreshing swim in the sea!

What made you smile this week?

Love, Beth xxx

1 comment:

  1. Aw thank you! Will check out your blog now :) Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete