Monday 23 May 2016

Single... and ok with it

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/435723332680271560/
The other week I found myself back on Tinder... and I hated it.

I hated the pouty selfies and shirtless mirror shots, the endless "nopes", the requests to meet up before even a "hello" was exchanged. So why was I back on it? That is a question. Truth is, I don't know. I found myself bored one day and decided to see what was happening in the online dating scene. But in reality, I don't know why I looked. Yes, I'm single, but actually, I'm ok with that.

When you're in your twenties, or any other age for that matter, there is so much pressure to be in a relationship. Dating sites are advertised wherever you go, romcoms almost always end with the guy getting the girl, and people are quick to plaster couple selfies, anniversary statuses and sparkling rings all over social media. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a good romcom or couple selfie. But I've come to the realisation that being single isn't the worst thing that can happen, especially in your twenties. In fact, it's actually pretty great.

In my opinion, your twenties are for exploring. They're for having fun. They're for having adventures. They're for building yourself up, sometimes crashing back down again, and hopefully finding yourself along the way. And there's no better way to get to know yourself than by spending time alone. Being single means you have the freedom to do anything you want, go anywhere you want, all without worrying about anyone else but yourself. Take this time to be selfish and do the things you've always wanted to do.
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/435723332678122401/

What? A female who is single and happy? One who doesn't want a relationship? I know right, crazy.

We shouldn't view being single as a bad thing. We should stop viewing being single as a quiet lull in our life that we have to work our way through until the "right person" comes along. The truth is, you don't need someone else to be happy. Of course there will be times when you feel lonely without that partner in crime, but just look to your friends and family - you're never really alone. So grab a few mates and head out! There are so many awesome things out there to be discovered, now is the perfect time to embrace the freedom of single life to go find them!

Obviously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being in your twenties and in a happy relationship, and if you're lucky enough to have found that then I'm happy for you! But, for me, I am putting Tinder down (for now at least). I am going to do the things I've always wanted to do. I am going to immerse myself in everything and take every opportunity that comes to me. And if I bump into someone along the way? Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

And if you're still not convinced, then give this a read...
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/435723332680271990/

Bit of a personal post, but you gotta love a good epiphany #strongindependentwoman

Love, Beth xxx

(Disclaimer: images taken from my Pinterest account, I claim no ownership) 

No comments:

Post a Comment