Saturday 5 July 2014

The Garden Party


Every year my university hosts it's end of year celebration - the Garden Party. It's the perfect summer party, including Pimm's, strawberries and cream, ice cream, bunting, live music, face paint... the list goes on. They even got in a Victorian style carousel to have a spin around on! The weather was set to be absolutely dismal, creating visions of mud filled gardens and lots of slips in high heels, but in true Cornwall style it had a sudden change of heart, with the sun choosing to shine all day - perfect!




Months ago I wrote a post showing my dress inspiration for the big day, desperately seeking a dress to fit my sparkly, lacy criteria. After trawling through website after website I finally found this pretty dress from ASOS in the sale for just £20 - bargain! I loved the combination of a delicate crotchet backless top and soft chiffon-like skirt, making it perfect for a summer garden party. However, it didn't have the sparkles I longed for, so I decided to do a bit of textiles and added them myself! After painstakingly sewing over 300 tiny silver beads and swarvoski diamonte crystals (which took much longer and cost much more than I anticipated) I finally had my garden party dress!


I teamed it with a pale pink clutch and my super high nude heels (no longer available in store), both from New Look, leaving my hair au naturel pinned back in a half up half down do with a few loose curls added.


It was a lovely evening laughing with my friends and dancing the night away after watching a beautiful firework display. As always, it was the perfect end to quite a stressful year and I am so excited to see what my last Garden Party next year has in store!

 
Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment